Position Title: Practical Nursing Clinical Lab Assistant
Department: WIT-Practical Nursing
Advertised Pay: $30.00/hour
Location: Washburn Tech
Practical Nursing clinical lab assistants direct, guide and evaluate students in the Practical Nursing program at Washburn University Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech) in the clinical and laboratory setting.
• Maintain licensure and certifications required by the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
• Direct, guide, and evaluate student performance in the clinical and laboratory setting.
• Maintain student records about the program.
• Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other faculty and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies, and community groups.
• Perform all other functions necessary for the proper operation of assigned courses.
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
Experience in at least one of the following clinical rotations:
• Foundations of Nursing
• Med/Surg (Nursing Care of Adults)
Current Kansas licensure as a registered nurse in good standing with no disciplinary action pending.
Weekly Schedule: Varies/Shift,
Average hours per week: <20
Background Check Required
Drug Screen Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.