Position Title: Pooled Non-Exempt EMT
Department: WIT-Emergency Medical Tech
Advertised Pay: $20.00/hour
Location: Washburn Tech
Position Summary: The Emergency Medical Technician Clinical Lab Assistant supports the instructors of the EMT program at Washburn Tech by providing assistance with exams and evaluating student performance in the lab setting.
• Assist with the exam process for EMT students including administration and proctoring of exams
• Maintain a positive learning environment
• Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive interaction with other technical instructors, both in the program and across the institution, and personnel of the school, cooperating agencies and community groups.
• Adheres to established institutional and departmental policies and procedures and relevant quality and safety standards.
• Assists in the teaching of practical learning experiences with the occasional request to teach didactic.
• Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in a laboratory setting
Two years of experience as an EMT, AEMT, Paramedic or military experience equivalent to two years of experience as an EMT.
High school diploma or GED
Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Part time, Hourly, Shift varies
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.