Position Title: Adjunct Pediatric Clinicals
Department: School of Nursing
Location: Washburn University
Applications will be reviewed as received and based on department need
Position Summary: Washburn University's School of Nursing invites applications for the following
adjunct faculty position to teach Pediatric Clinicals, Spring 2023. Registered Nurses
interested in working with students with an active Kansas license are encouraged to
apply. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to
the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research,
One day per week, Clinical rotations are five weeks in length.
• Work with a small group of students in the clinical setting to assist with providing
• Facilitate communication with the agency staff.
• Help students communicate with other healthcare providers, patients, and
• Ensure facility documentation is completed by the student.
• Supervise medication administration and completion of skills.
• Grade student work.
• Assist with on-campus skills checkoffs.
• Minimum of two years of experience in the nursing field.
• RN licensed in Kansas.
• Demonstrated commitment to developing inclusive teaching practices that engage students from diverse backgrounds.
RN licensed in Kansas.
MSN or working on MSN.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts are due at the time of hire.
Background Check Required
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.