Position Title: Adjunct Medical/Surgical Clinicals
Location: Washburn University
Applications will be reviewed as received and based on department need
Position Summary: Washburn University's School of Nursing invites applications for the following adjunct faculty position to teach medical/surgical clinicals, Spring 2023. Registered Nurses interested in working with students and have an active Kansas license are encouraged to apply.
Availability or class schedule:
• Options of one or two days per week are available.
• Clinical rotations are 8 weeks in length.
• Include working with a small group of students in the clinical setting assisting with providing patient care.
• Facilitating communication with the agency staff.
• Assisting students with communication to other healthcare providers, patients, and families.
• Ensuring facility documentation is completed by the student.
• Supervising medication administration and completion of skills.
• Grading student work.
• Assisting with on-campus skills checkoffs and simulation.
• Minimum of two-year’s experience in the nursing field
• RN licensed in Kansas
Demonstrated commitment to developing inclusive
teaching practices that engage students from diverse
Background check required.
MSN or working on MSN
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official Transcripts are due at the time of hire.
If you have questions about the position, please email Dr. Debbie Isaacson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washburn is an EOE and is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching-focused academic and work environment. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a campus climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in higher education.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Washburn University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants for employment. If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please email email@example.com or call 785-670-1538 at least five (5) business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.